Tom Parker, Colin Blears and Liam Parker
(Update for students of history: Tom Parker is now retired and AHIPP disbanded following the "suspension" of Home Information Packs in May 2010 by the newly elected Conservative-led, LibDem coalition Government; in keeping with a pledge made by the Conservative Party in its pre-election manifesto.)
Quest MD Tom Parker (and now also AHIPP Chairman) makes a welcome return and introduces us to Colin Blears and Liam Parker who help answer your software questions and unravel some of the problems experienced after the recent upgrade to RdSAP 9.82.
This podcast covers a lot of ground as we move through your questions, talk about the market and learn about Quest’s Trade HIP which was recently reduced to just £120 + VAT.
Listen: Quest, HIPs and Chat (mp3)
Even if you're not a Quest user, I still recommend listening to the Q&A because the answers do offer some insight into the generic issues behind all RdSAP software, such as the software approval process, the difficulties associated with the XML format (a strict data format Landmark requires to accept lodgements) as well as what's being discussed behind the scenes with CLG.
But if you want to skip that part it runs from 11:37 - 42:25.
- Energy outlook: the latest (bleak) reports and, as a server-based information-processor, is Quest worried?
- Who's winning the battle for market share? Independent DEA HIP providers, or the nationals?
- Market outlook: Quest process around 85% of mortgage valuations so what is Tom forecasting?
- Margaret Beckett: How committed to HIPs and EPCs is the new CLG minister?
- A marketing tip! Tom offers a marketing tip to DEAs.
- First Day Marketing: will it happen? When?
- Local Authority searches: as AHIPP's Chairman, what does Tom know?
Plus copious quantities of your usual diet of stimulating chat.
With many thanks to Tom, Colin and Liam for giving up their time (especially Liam who puts in extra-curricula help on the Home Inspector Forum too - a role model for other companies!), and everyone who submitted questions.
Website: Quest Associates.
Previous DEA Podcast with Quest.
Hear the definitive CPD guide for your accreditation scheme. As told by your accreditation scheme: CPD Guide for DEAs.